Norton services and products are produced by Symantec Securities. One may create a User Account on the site of Norton. Prior to buying any Norton product or service from the internet, one must set up a user account on Norton. All the relevant details of the Norton service, product, or subscription purchased is given in the Norton my account. The Norton subscriber can maintain all the subscriptions in just one Norton Account.
How to find out if you have a Norton Account?
Here is how you can ascertain whether or not you already have a Norton account:
- If you have completed the installation or activation processes for any Norton product then in most likelihood you have a user account. Setting up Norton My Account is a part of the installation as well as activation process. During those processes, the user is required to set up an account by giving details such as name, email, and password.
- If you bought a Norton product or service from the webstore of Norton or if you renewed any Norton subscription, then at that time the user is asked to enter their name, email, and password details. A Norton account is then set up.
- If a user has availed one of the following then you most likely have a user account on Norton:
- Norton Family
- Norton Safe Web
- Norton Online Backup
- If you have obtained your Norton service or product from the service provider, then sign in to your service provider website or find the email that was sent to you when you had subscribed to the Norton service and follow the guidelines to create a Norton account.
How to create Norton account from Norton account website?
- Launch an Internet browser of your choice.
- Type norton.com/myaccount in the URL bar and hit enter.
- Click on the Sign Up button.
- You will be directed to the Norton Account Sign Up page.
- Enter your email, set a password, and fill in other information such as name, date of birth, etc.
- Go through it and when you are satisfied, click on Agree.
- At last, click on the Sign Up button.
How to create Norton my account from Norton Identity Safe client on Windows?
Since June 2017, the standalone copy of Symantec’s product named Norton Identity Safe or NIS cannot be downloaded by new customers. However, the Norton Identity Safe is still being provided along with other Norton Security products.
- Locate Norton Identity Safe from your desktop. It may be present in the taskbar as well.
- Click on its icon.
- Go to the Sign In window, if you are a new user then go to create an account.
- Type your full email in the box and then click on Next.
- Norton Identity Safe will verify the provided email address automatically to see whether it is presently linked with a Norton user account.
- In the window for Create Norton My Account, enter your password as well as other credentials.
- Click on Email me Norton product updates, Symantec offers, and security news (optional) if you wish to get promotional mails from Symantec regarding what’s new in cyber security.
- Click on the button: Agree and Sign Up.
How to set up Norton my account via Norton Identity Safe application on Android or iOS?
- In either the Home window or Apps window, go to the Norton Identity Safe icon.
- Click on Create Account.
- In the following prompt which will display, enter the email address along with other information asked.
- At last, click on Agree and Sign up.
How to change Norton Account password?
The Norton Account password can be reset or changed whenever the user wishes.
- Log in to the Norton My Account.
- Below the columns for email and password, click on the edit tool situated to the right of Password.
- In the New Password column, enter a fresh password. Keep in mind that passwords are case-sensitive.
- After that, in the Confirm Password column, re-enter the new password.
- Click on the submit button.
- Your Norton account password has been changed.
- Reset the Norton account password
- Sometimes users lose their password, and at times they may fail to remember it. To combat this issue of forgetfulness, Norton allows the users to reset the password. Whenever a Norton user requests for a password reset, a prompt to create a new password for Norton my account is sent to the user.
- Launch the web browser and then go to www.norton.com/myaccount.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- In the Forgot Password webpage, enter the email address linked to Norton account.
- Click on the continue button.
- The user will now receive an email from Norton. This mail will include instructions for resetting the password.
- Click on the email.
- Click on the Reset Password link.
- The user will now be redirected to the Reset Password webpage.
- In that page, enter a new password. The password should be 7-50 characters long.
- Norton sends you an email with reset password instructions to your email address.
- Click on the mail and then press the Reset Password button.
- Wait for the Reset Password window to come. Enter a new password for the Norton my account.
- Click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, the user can click on Continue and access their Norton account.
Norton My Account Settings Page
In the Norton Account Settings webpage, you can get all the details regarding your Norton account. Here is the list of stuff you can do:
- See and alter the subscription settings
- See and refresh personal details, for example, your name, email address, and contact number.
- Reset the Norton account password
- See and change billing info, for example, billing address, preferred payment mode, and card information.
- Select the preferences
Go through the order history and order summary of all Norton products, subscriptions, and services which have been bought.