We cannot praise Amazon’s Echo devices enough. They are capable of taking on multitudes of tasks, whether reading you eBooks over Kindle, playing music on demand, updating you on the weather and traffic, and so much more! Alexa, the digital assistant, who is literally the voice of Echo devices, can be triggered just by a single command even by the most soft-spoken person. What’s even more amazing is that you can easily integrate your mobile phone with these devices to remotely control them. Amazon’s Echo device forms the heart of the networks constituting your smart home.
If you wish to hook up your phone to any Amazon Echo device then you have come to the right place!
How to Control Alexa from iOS devices
- Download and install the Amazon shopping app on your iOS device. Launch the app and sign into your Amazon account.
- Locate the microphone icon on the top-right corner of the app. After you have initialized and set up Alexa, the microphone icon will be replaced by a speech balloon inside a circle, the icon for Alexa.
- Once you have tapped on the microphone icon, you will be prompted to try out Alexa.
- Continue by following the on-screen instructions.
- Continue browsing through the instructions until you find the Tap to Speak button at the bottom of the screen.
- Your phone may send you a prompt informing you that the Amazon app is requesting to access your phone’s microphone. Tap on OK.
- When the screen becomes darker and you see a pulsating blue at the bottom of your screen, Alexa will be ready to listen and act to your command.
- Speak out your commands or requests as you would for your Echo devices.
How to Control Alexa from Android devices
- Download and install the Alexa app. It is the same app you would have used while setting up your Echo devices for the first time.
- Tap on the Alexa icon (which is a speech balloon inside a circle) present at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Allow to grant the Alexa app the access to your phone’s microphone.
- Tap on Done.
- Alexa will initialize and will be ready to address your questions or respond to your commands.
- Tap on the Alexa icon and speak into your phone’s microphone as you would for your Echo devices.
Once you follow the steps outlined above, you can easily control your Amazon Echo devices using your smartphone! Hope this guide helps you in making the most out of your Amazon Echo device.
Lucia Mandela is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Has passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.